Just another two star hotel...or a little different?
- La Bohème is not a fancy hotel with staff in uniforms and so on. Our place is small and cosy ("gezellig", in Dutch). You can relax in our reception/ lounge/ bar, have a free coffee or tea and make plans for your next adventure in Amsterdam.
- The buffet stye breakfast is quite delicious and those croissants are addictive. Most of our products are organic and produced locally. What brings us to the next point:
- La Bohème cares for the environment. Our Green Key certification means we do as much as possible to reduce our ecological footprint. E.g.: We have water- saving showers, energy- saving lightbulbs and we recycle wherever we can.
- Yes, we know you have read in the reviews all about our infamous steep staircase (see pictures ;) They can be a challange. At least we didn't have to build a fitness room. Let's roll some muscles!
- None of the staff members had a hotel education. We have a teacher, a photographer, a linguist, two artists, an anthropologist and so on. All different characters with their own qualities. What we have in common, is that we are very passionate about our job. We are all Amsterdam locals, who can provide you with detailed "inside information" about the city. This way you can get the most out of your visit.
- The staff includes a hotel cat: Mimi. This spoiled little grandma of 17 years old has her own Facebook, postcard shop and a picture gallery throughout the whole hotel. Guess who is really owning the place?Cat lovers, you are in heaven.
- We wouldn't have so much fun without the true stars of the hotel: YOU! It's official: Hotel La Bohème has the best guests of Amsterdam!